Saturday, February 13, 2010

Titanic!!!

Probably two posts today.

Just have to say we're going to NYC this morning to see the Titanic exhibit! I'm so excited. I'm going with my sister, two brothers, niece and nephew. My nephew knows every detail about the Titanic, I mean EVERYTHING! I think he was on it...

Be back later to tell you about it!

Holy cow! What a humbling experience! I wish we'd gone to this exhibit sooner so everyone who I tell about it could still have time to go and see it.

When you go in, they give you a "boarding pass" of a real passenger. You are now that passenger. You go through the whole exhibit, which can take about 2 hours, and read about other passengers, famous, not famous.

The artifacts that are there are strangely fascinating. There are personal effects, dishes, pots and pans, champagne bottles that STILL HAVE CHAMPAGNE IN THEM!

One very weird item was a mans vest and pair of pants. They were protected all these years in a leather suitcase. According to the information, it was so well preserved in the water, because of the way leather was tanned back then. It made it very water proof. Amazing.

I looked for "famous" people the whole time on the streets of New York. Nothing! Why is it, whenever I go to the city, I never see anyone? Oh, wait! I did see Dave Price, weatherman for The Early Show on CBS. NOT REALLY A BIG DEAL, I WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL WITH HIM!
I saw him for 3 years at Poughkeepsie High School!

Well, when I go back in March for the IBS, I plan to make many contacts, again, that will pan out into something solid. I'm 46 and life's too short to fart around. I will make my connections soon!

...stay tuned...

ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY: Today in 2000, the last original "Peanuts" comic strip appeared in U.S. newspapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment