Thursday, February 18, 2010

Art is calling!

I just received an e-mail about a parade in New Paltz and an e-mail about decorating a "horse" for Saugerties! Who would have thought?!

At my age, I thought my nail and art career was in the past and there would be nothing for me to do. You know if you don't make a mark when you're young or just out of college, nobody would look twice at your stuff.

Newsflash!! I did one show in New Paltz two years ago and was asked to come back to it last year. I entered one contest in Nails Magazine, about 6 years ago, (and took first place!) and now am asked to do everything from advice on nail art to nail art itself!

I even went and did nails in September of 08, at Fashion week in NYC. We went from a show a the Glass Houses to Macy's for Sean John, Diddy.

I was chosen to be the artist for the City of Poughkeepsie for the Walkway Over the Hudson.

It's calling and I'm answering!

ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY: Today in 1929, the two-year-old Academy of Motion Pictures arts and Sciences announced the first Oscar winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment